At the Raymond & Ruth D. Laven Early Childhood Center, we nurture each child in a loving environment that promotes his or her social, emotional and intellectual well-being. Through developmentally appropriate activities, we encourage individualization and incorporate Jewish values and traditions. We believe our Center is an important first step in each child's lifelong learning experience!
Early Childhood Phone: (518) 689-0039
At the Laven Early Childhood Center, we use The Creative Curriculum to guide our planning and decision-making process for children. The Creative Curriculum is based on five fundamental principles;
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
If you would like more information on our curriculum, please contact us at (518) 689-0039.
Swim Lessons: Swimming lessons are offered for children 3 years of age and older. Those under the age of 3 require a parent/guardian present for lessons.
You can make a difference at the Laven Early Childhood Center! When you join the PTO, you’ll be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events, have a voice in the activities and programs the PTO supports and opportunities to connect with other parents.